WORSHOPS + PROGRAM EXAMPLES
“How we lead ourselves in life impacts how we lead those around us.”
– Michael Hyatt
JUNE 4...Brooklyn: ARm YOUR VOICE FOR WOMEN
Do you struggle with being heard?
Are you interrupted at work?
Do you apologize for other people’s bad behavior?
- Forget about a seat at the table. Own the table—and any room you walk into—with tools to help you speak with confidence and authority. We’ll use techniques and tools inspired by and adapted from theater, mindfulness and improv comedy.
MAY 8...LOS ANGELES: IMPROV + building FUTURE SKILLS
- Practice using improv to be more creative and more marketable for any job. Co-led with Terri Simon and hosted @ThinkLA. Ticket info here.
Apr. 10..NYC: Mindful Leadership TASTER
We're teaming up again with Tanya Valle, Professional + Mindfulness Coach, and the Swedish American Chamber of Commerce to help you develop more compassion for yourself and others, and be a stronger leader in any space. Grab your tickets here.
Mar. 12...NYC: Pitch Yourself + Your Work with Confidence
- Learn how to prepare your story verbally, and will practice telling it until you own it. Whether you're pitching an idea to coworkers or clients, asking for funding your next project or start-up, or selling yourself at a networking event, this workshop is for you. Hosted at LMHQ.
Mar. 5 + 8...Brooklyn: LEAD YOURSELF LIKE A BOSS
- Get to know yourself better and how to Get Out of Your Own Way to be successful and happy. Join us for two evenings at the NY Media Center (use code: selfleadership30 for 30% off)
Feb. 13 - Washington DC: LEARN TO PITCH YOURSELF
- Practice how to pitch your biz, your project, and yourself with me and IVY, The Social University community. Workshopping, networking, and snacks, oh yes!
Jan. 31...New York: SET GOALS + INTENTIONS
- Kick off your year by meeting smart, driven women who will support your intentions to be awesome! I'm co-leading a Goal Setting workshop with Women Catalysts NYC.
BE THE BOSS OF YOU
MINDFULNESS THROUGH IMPROV
Do you want to be a stronger leader of yourself and others?
Do you want to tell your inner critic to shut up?
Join us to learn applicable tools to lead yourself and others from a place of kindness. This experiential workshop will integrate mindfulness and improv theater techniques.
- Be more present and focused
- Calm your mind for clearer decision-making
- Respond instead of react to difficult people and situations
- Develop more compassion for yourself and others
Workshop Leaders: Lisa Pertoso, Founder of Follow the Fear + Tanya Valle, Professional Coach and Mindfulness Teacher
TELL YOUR STORY
PRESENTING + PITCHING
Custom workshops for:
Equinox marketing team
GOOGLE'S 30 Weeks Design entrepreneurs
NY Media Center Creative FOUNDER Lab
CITY TECH COLLEGE ART+DESIGN CLUB
IVY the social university
Groups sharpened their personal and professional storytelling skills to pitch their businesses, projects, and themselves.
"I learned to trust myself to come up with something on the spot."
"I need to let go of trying to be the best and just do."
"I was surprised by how much fun I had, and how connected I felt to the group."
AMPLIFY YOUR VOICE
Do you want to project confidence when pitching yourself and your ideas? Do you want to move up within your organization?
Do you want to advocate for others?
Find and empower your unique voice, assert your space, and learn how to ask for what you need in this workshop intensive for women. Strengthen and build your communication, facilitation, and management skills using techniques adapted from theater and improv comedy. Led in partnership with BeSpoken.
"If you want creative workers, give them enough time to play."
— John Cleese
Explore new ways to spark creativity and solve problems on-the-fly through collaborative and individual exercises. Gain practical tools to apply to your work and life.
CONNECT + PLAY
FUTURE-PROOF YOUR CAREER
Thinking about a career change?
Have an idea for a new business?
not sure how to TAKE THE 1ST STEP?
Walk away with tangible next steps to find a career doing what you love. Learn tools to overcome your fears, explore what drives you, and understand how to transform your purpose into meaningful work.
IMPROV FOR THE 21ST CENTURY LEADER
New York, NY + Los Angeles, CA
Business and creative leaders are looking for new ways to solve problems and to build an adaptable workforce for our ever-changing, on-demand world. Co-facilitated with Terri Simon.
- Loosen up and clearly articulate your ideas to an audience
- Create on-the-fly using limited resources
- Leverage diverse teams to generate ideas and solve problems
- Give and receive real-time feedback
- Listen, be real and be relevant in your response
IMPROVISE YOUR SOCIAL CONTENT
How to create entertaining, compelling stories on the spot with minimal time and tools?
Lisa Pertoso and Daniel Castro (visual story-maker extraordinaire from SkyPie Studio founder) team up to give you a taste of how improv exercises can get your creative juices flowing to shoot photo, motion, or video for any social platform. Check out some of the playful videos.
LEADERSHIP + STORYTELLING
Custom workshops for Echoing Green 2016 Fellows
At their week-long retreat social entrepreneurs learned to articulate their leadership stories to connect with an audience, and with each other.
MINDSET + BEHAVIORS
Custom sessions for Hyper Island: Miami, Mexico City + New York
The "rules" of improv - take risks, fail, adapt, listen, and react honestly - provide a framework for executives and creatives to foster the attitudes and behaviors needed to successfully navigate digital tools and strategies.
IMPROV FOR DESIGN THINKING
Hosted by Design Gym
Experience the power of creative collaboration through play. Explore how six basic improv principles can further develop your design thinking mindset.